I have been doing a lot of sewing lately. I finally finished the quilt. I've decided I am not a quilter. Even with a really simple quilt with big pieces and no corners to match I just don't enjoy cutting out the fabric, sewing it together, machine quilting and then binding it. Way too much work, not enough satisfaction. Of course that's just me. But anyway, here it is.
This rocking chair was given to us by Dan's mother who got it when Dan was a little guy. So besides being a beautiful piece it's got some awesome sentimental value. However, it's kinda hard. So I set out to get some kind of cushions for it. Turns out they don't make rocking chairs like they used to and therefore there were no cushions that fit mine. I decided to make my own. The back cushion is not finished yet, but the seat is (because I figured that was the most important one). For making it up, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.
These are a couple of diaper bag accessories I made (neither of them was my original idea). I had seen those diaper and wipes cases online but I knew I could make one for way cheaper than I could buy it, plus I wanted a side pocket to put diaper rash cream in, so I came up with my own design. Then my sister (who is super creative) sent me some pictures of little handy things she's made for her little guy one of which was a little pouch for pacifiers. It keeps them clean and the strap Velcro's so that it can be strapped wherever it's most handy. If you want to make any of this kind of thing, there's a great blog called "make it and love it" (the button is on the left side of my blog). There are all kinds of easy projects and she writes great tutorials. That's where my sister and I have gotten some of our ideas.
That's all for now!
Those are so cute, Chelsea! You are very talented! And good luck with the upcoming baby!! Any day now, right?? I thought labor was the most exciting part of being pregnant - sometimes uncomfortable, but it's when all the 9 months of work is finally rewarded! Enjoy it and we'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of the little boy here soon.:)
ReplyDeleteyour quilt turned out great! i love it! congrats on yatzhee and keep hanging in there! that baby will come! by the way, i tried to call you yesterday, did you change your phone number? it wouldn't go through. hope your doing well! it looks like christmas was fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you listed your favorite 2 person games. I love to play games, but many of my favorites (Risk, Monopoly, etc) are really terrible with two people. I'll keep my eye out for some more!
ReplyDelete