Monday, December 28, 2009

Things are finally coming together

I have been really getting into gear with all the baby stuff. We have been so blessed to get a lot of the big things for little or no cost, and there is really a rather short list of things I still need to get so I'm feeling good about that. But...it hit me the other day that technically this little boy could decide to come any time now and I'M NOT READY! I mean, he won't be naked and he's got a place to lay his wee-little head but that list of projects is starting to really haunt me.

Plus, I'm getting to the point where it's starting to sink in that this is going to happen soon and my life is totally going to change. Don't get me wrong, I've wanted this ( and still do ) for a long time and I wouldn't go back for anything. It's just so REAL! I'm so excited, but at the same time it's kinda scary.

On another note, here is the nursery (minus a few minor changes that will be added soon). You can see from this picture that it's small. Behind the rocking chair is a curtain hiding food storage, our washer and dryer, and plastic bins and boxes full of all kinds of what-not. If not for all of that we'd have 30 square feet more, but there is nowhere else to put it so I did my best.
Check one project off the list! I've got about five more going simultaneously right now, but the ribbon board is done! Not that it was the most crucial, but it didn't take as long as some others and it made me feel good to finish something.

So now...FULL SPEED AHEAD! And baby, just wait until your due date or until further notice.

5 comments:

  1. Wait, you can't be ready! Aren't you still like, 20 weeks??!! I could have sworn that I JUST found out you were pregnant! Okay, one of these days I'll have to find a friend to watch Erik and Taylor so we can go to Red Robin again. Maybe next week? What do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are at the most exciting time of your pregnancy! Everything will come together - don't worry! Our little girl came at 36 weeks 1 day and you are much farther along in your preparations then we were! I'm so exctied for you guys! And it looks like you had such a nice Christmas together! Keep us updated on this blog when you can - I'm sure there are lots of us anxious to see that little baby when he comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery looks great, and fantastic job using the space! We had a similar situation when our first was born. He got one of the four corners of the room for his bed, the other three were taken up with an office, storage, and...the door. We actually moved when he was just six weeks old so he didn't even end up using his cozy space as he was still young enough to be at my bedside. (And he refused to sleep unless he was in bed with me).
    I'm so excited to see your little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally normal to have those, "Um, I can't back out even if I wanted to" feelings. But, you will be in heaven once he's here. Please keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I remember those feelings! -with each one of ours! You've made the nursery look so adorable! You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete