Monday, December 28, 2009

Just the Two of Us

Dan and I shared a wonderful Christmas together, just us two. We've always gone home to be with our families for the holidays, but being 36 weeks pregnant prevented any long distance travels (not to mention that now Dan has to take time off of work instead of having a convenient break between semesters). We were excited to start setting our own family traditions, a melting pot of our two families. Dan was smart enough to take a picture of our living room all festive before the we tore into the presents and had wrapping garbage all over the place.
Dan woke up at 6:15am and couldn't sleep any more, so he woke me up and we got started. I think this was partly because he usually gets up around 5:00am, but mostly because he was so excited. I guess I'll never get to sleep in on Christmas morning.
Dan's mother always makes cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning and we decided we liked that tradition (who doesn't like cinnamon rolls?) So here I am frosting them so we could eat before we opened the presents, I was hungry.
And here they are, man they were good!
And here is the aftermath...
We spent a lot of time on our phones that day calling our families who were far, far away.
One of the traditions we enjoy is stuffing each other stockings. Along with that, we give each other a new ornament for the tree every year. I gave dan a toy airplane (he likes planes and stuff like that.)
And Dan gave me this one. I cried when I opened it, he definitely won the prize for sentimental value this year.
And here is Dan modeling a couple of his presents. This is a window scraper with a mit to keep your hand warm attached.
And here's his new cowboy shirt so he can wear it to work on Fridays (cowboy friday...?)

I didn't pose for pictures because, one I didn't have any makeup on, and two some of the things I got don't exactly fit me right now, go figure.

Thanks to our loving families who were so generous, we love you and missed sharing this special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment