Thursday, October 22, 2009

Projects...Woo-Hoo!

I always talk about doing projects, but we all know talk is cheap. So, just to prove I actually do some things I talk about here are some pictures.
I made this ribbon board for the kitchen. For all you do-it-yourselfers out there, here's how I did it. I used a picture frame, but I cut out a peice of cardboard to fit inside instead of the glass. On the cardboard I measured and decided where to have the ribbons cross and where to put the buttons, then I poked holes where those would go. Then I covered the cardboard with quilt batting and fabric. I layed out the ribbon and pinned it on temporarily to hold it in place while I sewed on the buttons (through the cardboard, thus the holes). I secured the ends of the ribbon on the back of the cardboard, put it in the frame and there you go! Note: the ribbon is red, but it kinda looks pink in the picture.

This is the fabric for that long past talked of crib bedding. I'm finally getting around to that. Hopefully I can post pictures of that soon.

The only thing I have completed in the baby's room is the window treatment. I've had these paper lanterns for a while, so I was glad to have a use for them. The valance was a table runner I found that has green and black flowers (I don't think it's too girly, but we'll see how I feel after I have a little boy.)


This is what it looks like lit up!
I think it's cool, plus it helps a lot cause the ceiling light is weak sauce.





And just because I don't think he gets enough credit from me on this blog, here's my handsome, hard-working man! I love you sweetie.


1 comment:

  1. this looks awesome! I love,love, love the valance! you are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete