Today I did some reorganizing in the kitchen and dining room. We have some storage cupboards that up until today had been purely funcional. I decided to display my serving dishes on top to dress them up a little. It looked great, much improved...
I felt satisfied with my work. I went out shopping, came home and made dinner, we sat down and ate dinner and I had set to cleaning up the kitchen when it all came crashing down, litterally. One of the platters decided it didn't like to stand up anymore and knocked the cake display off the top along with the decorative plate that was in it. What a mess! That was a lot of glass to clean up.
I have to say to our credit that Dan was very patient and I didn't cry. It's just stuff anyway. But seriously, what was I thinking, propping a platter up behind a large glass thing five feet up on an open shelf? At least Dan was done eating his dinner, or it would have crashed on his head!
I just wish now I had gotten a before and after picture. Oh silly me.
Sounds like you had a 'fun' day! Way to be positive about it! But, that totally stinks that it didn't stay where you put it - thank goodness Dan wasn't right underneath it when it did come crashing down! Don't worry, I have a good imagination! I don't need a picture. =) Hope you two are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteyikes! I bet it all looked beautiful up there while it lasted.... i don't doubt your decorative eye one bit! thats a bummer! Glad that dan's head is ok...
ReplyDeleteChelsea! This is Aubry Freckleton and I found your blog through Adam and Natalie...I hope that's okay! I just wanted to congratulate you on your little one that is on the way! That is so exciting! I'm glad I can catch up on what you guys are doing through blogging. If you'll email me at freckclan@gmail.com we would love to invite you to our blog. Tell Dan hello for us and we hope you are doing well!
ReplyDelete