So far in our marriage I have made an apple pie for Dan every year. It's his absolute favorite pie. In fact, the story is that Dan's first word was pie. My mother-in-law is particularly tallented at making pies and she was kind enough to teach me some of what she knows (including her secret pie crust recipe which I am not allowed to share, sorry).
For Thanksgiving this year we got together with some of Dan's coworkers for dinner and we provided the desserts: apple pie and Pumpkin Torte. We enjoyed their company very much, especially since we were not able to be with any of our family this year, PLUS the turkey was delish (it's a big deal for me to say that, turkey is not my favorite).
But back to pies, I love making pies mostly because it is one baking project that allows me to exercise my creative side without taking forever to do. Here are this year's creations.
Ooh, I want one :)
ReplyDelete