I was wondering what some of your favorite children's books are? I need some good suggestions for our personal library.
Also, I gave James a little haircut this morning. Yeah, it's a little crazy that he's barely one month and his hair already looked like it needed a trim. I propped him up in the bumbo for the majority, then when he was tired of that I did the rest with him laying in my lap. I think it turned out pretty good, he's such a handsome little boy! I called Dan and told him what I did. He pretended to be upset that I would give James a haircut when he has to wait until next week for his. Dan desperately needs a haircut, it's REALLY long right now, but I'm waiting until his parents are in town so I don't have to split my attention between his head and the baby. That could be bad.
Also, I'm starting back up with my calling this Sunday. I'm the Primary Music Leader...wish me luck...and wish Dan luck too, he'll have the little one for two hours.
Claire loves Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See! That's been looked over and eaten and slobbered on so many times, we need a new one ourselves. And totally go for the board books at first. Like I said, Claire beats them up! And that's awesome about his hair-cut! Claire is almost 18 months and barely got her first one. She was a total baldy.:) And last but not least, good luck with your calling! That's the best calling in the ward, I think. You'll do great!
ReplyDeleteA few favorites from our brief experience:
ReplyDeleteMy favorites: The Littlest Llama, anything Sandra Boynton (especially Hippos GO Berserk)
Josh's favorite: Gossie
Jonah's favorites: That's not my dragon! (it's a series. of That's not my...books. I've seen a handful and they're all cute), Lift the Flap Noah's Ark/Book of Mormon books. I didn't think he could handle a flap book yet, but he does okay, and these books he will look at each page for a long time (as opposed to just skipping to his favorite parts like every other book).
Let us know what you end up loving!
Goodnight Moon is a must. Get it in a board book if you can. Check out the second hand shops for board books in good shape. Until they are old enough to know better, babies just slobber all over them anyway...boys especially. L has been very light on her books. All the kids loved to have nursery rhymes sung/read to them. The books with photos in them of kids/animals/toys were always fun, too. Later, go to the library and look for pamphlets with caldecott winners listed in them to give you more ideas.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness! i just got updated on your blog! james is SO cute!! i love all his hair! how in the world do you get him to keep the pacifier in on his own? owen cannot keep it in, so usually ends up going without because i can't just stand there and hold it while he sleeps. i totally know what you mean about the littlest things being huge accomplishments! he is so so cute! we really need to get together! i'm sorry i haven't called. when i finally have my own time i feel like i have so much to get done, or, i just need a little resting time, you know? i'm sure you understand! hope sunday went well! i'll give you a call soon!
ReplyDeleteBlack? white! Day? night! by Seesger. It is a great book of opposites, Dax love its\.
ReplyDelete