Sunday, February 21, 2010

What I've been up to...

Tonight Dan took James out and went to the grocery store so that I could get some things done I've been trying to get to for a while. I made banana bread and worked on laundry, washed some dishes and swept the kitchen floor. Sad when sweeping an area that's maybe 5'x 10' is a huge success. Obviously, most of my time is consumed with baby. Anything else that gets done around the house during the day is a miracle, including my own personal hygiene (sad, but true). Anyhoo, I wanted to share this because it was super good and because I made it which is a big deal right now.

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus:1 can garbonzo beans
1 red pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T lemon juice
Cumin and garlic to taste

Roast the red pepper (oven at 400F for a few minutes, I cut mine into smaller pieces first) then put in a plastic bag so it can steam for a while, then remove the skins. The pepper is done roasting when the flesh is soft and the skin starts to blacken and bubble. In a food processor or blender puree all ingredients until smooth (you may need to add some of the juice from the can if it's too thick). And voila! Delish hummus.

I recommend eating it with pita chips. Mmmmm.

And now, more pictures and updates on James:

He had his one month visit on Tuesday. Everything is great, he's a healthy little guy. He now weighs 9lbs 5oz and is 21.5 inches long. He's really close to smiling and cooing, I think in a couple of days he'll figure it out. He's been a little fussy or colicy, which is not fun but we're learning to deal with it. In the mean time I'm trying out different variations on my diet to see if anything helps him, I'm curently limiting my consumption of dairy, soy and peanut foods with one week to go and then I'll start reintroducing things and see how he does. For the record, rice milk is only okay, definitely the vanilla kind is a must.

Dan picked out this outfit, notice the construction equipment.

Close up.




Bath time fun!






Ha! He spit up right when I took this picture, I thought it was funny. He looks surprisingly pleasant considering what's going on.






No comments:

Post a Comment