We blessed James this past Sunday. It was a very special day. James did great, he didn't cry at all. Dan gave such a beautiful blessing, several people from the ward commented on how touched they were and how special it was. Dan is a wonderful priesthood holder, I am so grateful to have him. We were also blessed to have Mom and Dad Kingston and John here with us. It was so nice to see them and spend some time together.
My handsome boys.
He is nearly 10 lbs now! I can hardly believe it, he's not just my tiny baby anymore (although he is still pretty small comparatively).
He is smiling and cooing now. It just warms our hearts!
He no longer screams every time we change his diaper, and in fact that is when I get some of the best smiles. I think he's finally realizing it's a good thing.
He's really close to sleeping through the night. Last night he went down at 10pm and woke up at 5am, although most nights he has one feeding around 3 or 4 and goes back down until 7 or 8. Next goal, falling asleep on his own...
A few updates on the parents:
Dan stayed home with James last night while I went to the RS birthday dinner at the church. He only had to call me once because he didn't know how to warm up the bottle I'd left for them (putting it in warm water worked better than holding it in front of the heater, go figure). When I got home the baby was all bathed and ready to eat and go down for bed. What a great husband I have!
Church is going well. Dan is a great Daddy and can handle just about everything with James now so the two hours go pretty smoothly. It's nice to be back into my calling again. I've realized it's not as difficult now that I'm not 9 months pregnant.
James doesn't seem to do well when I eat dairy products. I stopped originally because he seemed to be really gassy, but now that I've been adding it back his bowel movements have changed, and not for the better. So I get to keep drinking rice milk and ignoring my desire for cheese, but I'm getting used to it.
Dan had his annual review at work and did great. We're pretty sure we'll be in WA at least until June, then we don't know. Could be here or Minneapolis, that's still up in the air. But the good news is he has a job, we can't complain.
I'm looking forward to a trip to UT and ID next week. I'm a little nervous about the flight but I'm looking forward to seeing some of our family.
Nice update on everyone! The blessing outfit looks adorable on little James! You sound like you've taken to motherhood wonderfully.
ReplyDeleteFor your previous post... I love children's books. My recent favs are Mo Willems Pigeon series and Fancy Nancy books, but for little guys I like books with lots of bright pictures and few words. Eric Carle books are always good - Brown Bear, The Very Hungary Caterpillar, The Very Busy Spider. My boys love truck and tractor books. They also like Child's Play books with holes and they also really like flap books and touch and feel books. Um, sounds like you can't go wrong with any book you get, just don't pay tons for them cause babies eat books before they read books!!
He is seriously one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! I love all that hair! That's nice that he was such a good boy for his blessing & it sounds like both you & Dan are doing a great job!
ReplyDelete