Sunday, August 12, 2012

In recent news...

I guess the first thing to address is the new addition to our family. Yes I did have a baby...six weeks ago. Samuel Paul was born June 2, 2012. 8lbs 10oz, 21 3/4 inches. He's a very good baby and we are so blessed to have him in our family!

Labor basically went down like this: contractions started at 2:00am Saturday morning and increased steadily until 1:00pm when I decided we needed to head to the hospital.  I was soon admitted (I say soon, but it didn't FEEL soon, if you know what I mean) and continued to labor waiting for the anesthesiologist to come give me the juice, meanwhile nextdoor an emergency developed and he was caught up in a c-section.  Long story short, when he finally arrived I was already at an 8 and little Sammy was born about an hour later, at 7:07pm. 

Pink, plump, perfect.

Brothers, meeting each other for the first time.  James loves Sam very much (a little too much sometimes, but he's learning).

Not sure why, but James is always asking if he can touch Sam's eyes.  The answer is always no, but at least he asks, right?

Sam with Grandma King.  My mom came and stayed with us for the better part of the month of June.  She was, as always, awesome and super helpful.  I really didn't experience real life for a month as all I had to do really was care for my newborn.  I'm so glad she stayed as long as she did since the first week after we got home I was down for the count with a terrible cold.  Try coughing and sneezing when you just gave birth...on second thought, don't it's no fun.  So it was nice to have that time to recover and get back on my feet before having to fly solo once again. 


Sam is such a happy kid, which is great cause he's constantly gracing us with his big dimply smiles.  I just can't get enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment