Sunday, January 15, 2012

This little man

Our little James is almost two years old!  I can hardly believe it.  He's such a sweet and funny kid, and since my tendancy is to post things way after they happen I better get something down about him at two years(ish) while I can remember it!
One night during his bath (still in OK, notice the tub within a tub we used there) he was just being plain silly and laught at nothing.  Similarly, the other night out on he deck all by himself he started yelling absolute nonsense at the woods behind the house.  Funny kid.
 


 Just getting in a little light reading before bedtime.  He loves to read books of all kinds.  His favorites right now are his picture dictionary and the Friend magazine (as pictured).  His favorite pages in his dictionary are the whales and sharks.  This morning, singing Old MacDonald with Dan, the poor farmer had a shark, a whale and a Dinosaur.
 Also before the move, during one particularly rainy day I (yes that would be me, the usually uncool and unfun parent) built James a blanket fort complete with light, snacks,. friends, and the portable DVD player.  Once he decided not to tear it down he enjoyed hanging out in it and stopped begging be to take him outside.  Score for mommy!



One of my favorite things is finding his cars all over the house.  Can you guess where these are?
Wedged bestween a drawer and a cupboard...
Around the edge of the tub...
In the pots and pans...I hope there will be many more years of this sweet reminder.

Last but not least he gives some really great loves.  Aunt Marci was here with us today and as she was leaving to head back to school he didn't want to let go.  We're glad to have her close by!

No comments:

Post a Comment