I've spent most of the winter so far in denial that it's really that cold. For weeks after the first snow I would go outside (usually ill-prepared in my manner of dress) and experience genuine surprise at my surroundings.
I'm ashamed to admit, it also took me a little while to realize my poor little guy needed a little warmer gear to wear. Luckily most of our encounters were only short jaunts to and from the grocery store. Once I got my act together, I couldn't resist snapping a few shots of this goodness. Warm and snugly (this was taken minus the coat that makes him look like the kid from The Christmas Story, because he generally hates it and cries when it's on).
We got the tree up and decorations out shortly after Thanksgiving. I like to get it up as early as possible (but not BEFORE Thanksgiving) so I can enjoy it longer.
And of course our Christmas preparation would not have been complete without a visit to Santa Clause. We went with our play group to this great display downtown. It was all animated and cute as can be. He spent most of the time with a look of absolute wonder on his face (see picture below). And he didn't even cry when he sat on Santa's lap! He's such a good boy, and I'm a lucky Mama.
I love how he looks like he's just trying to figure Santa out.
ReplyDelete