Sunday, January 9, 2011

11 Month Update

I can't believe my little baby is almost one!...but I'm getting ahead of myself.


Here are a few fun things about James in his 11th month.
  • He took his first steps on December 23rd. Although he's not fully walking on his own (or crawling for that matter) he's really close. He just won't let go of the wall/furniture/person he's hanging on to long enough to really try it out.
  • He's been teething A LOT, but he's a pretty easy teether, so we can't complain. All 8 front teeth are through and he's got part of one molar with more on the way.
  • He learned where his head is, and discovered is nostrils.

  • He now claps his hands, dances when a good beat is bumpin', and says "uh-oh" (Does that count as a word? Whatever it is, it's cute!)
  • He loves his lambie-pie, chupie (pacifier) and blankies. These plus a TV show and his teething woes are abated for about 30 minutes (keeps me sane).
  • He's going through a weird food phase. He pretty much survives on formula, crackers, cheese sandwiches, yogurt, applesauce, and whatever baby food I'm still willing to feed him. He's definitely a texture eater. If it's not right it gets ejected pretty darn quick. All I can say is he better start liking more "real" food cause I'm not paying through the nose for that super-smooth stuff much longer.
  • He's still got crazy hair. His bed head is usually pretty awesome.
  • He's a good flyer, the trip home for the holidays was pretty much a breeze. Hopefully that holds true when I brave the airport on my own in a couple months.
  • His tactile abilities have improved immensely. Some of his favorite toys are his colored ring cone thing (?), dinosaur mountain, balls, and the dump truck. It's so fun to watch him learn new things.

  • I love his long eyelashes, his sweet smile, his fluffy hair, and his chunky-chunkiness.
  • He's such a friendly and happy kid, we can't imagine being happier with our little guy!

PS. Aunt Aubrey, I'll post more videos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment