Sunday, October 10, 2010

New things...for us


I am a big fan of second hand stuff. I love that it costs less and most of the time I can find exactly what I'm looking for and in really good condition. So I've been looking for toys. James seems to be getting tired of what he's got, but with Christmas and his birthday just around the corner I've been holding out. But last week at the thrift store I found this cute little car for 80 cents. He LOVES it. His first toy car. For the first couple of minutes he just kinda hugged and patted it with a huge smile on his face. Best 80 cents I ever spent! I scored on a few things for myself and the home while there but that is another story.



And he also has a real high chair! He's been kinda big for the Bumbo for a while now. I was waiting for the perfect craig's list deal on this space saver high chair and I found it! 25 bucks got this little kid a comfy new place to chow down! And it's good as new...without paying $50+. Hooray!

The latest James news:
He loves to stand up, although he can't pull himself up yet.
He sometimes dances to music.
He claps (sortof) to "If you're happy and you know it".
Tooth #2 is just cresting on the bottom.
He can ROLL OVER! He simply chooses not to most of the time, so I guess he's still not mobile...I'm not complaining.
He is the favorite baby of pretty much everyone who knows him. With his winning personality and chubby cheeks how could he not be? (of course, I'm a little partial)

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! How is your new home and environment treating you? We miss you!

    ReplyDelete