Saturday, October 30, 2010

9 Month Visit


Actually, this is about three weeks overdue...I've got some catching up to do.

Here are (were) his stats:
Weight: 23# 12oz. (90th percentile)
Height: 28.5" (50-75th percentile...whatever that means)
Head: 18: (50-75th again)



James has been learning lots of new things lately, and honestly I don't remember what has developed over the last few weeks and what was before that so I guess the rest of this is his 9.5 month update.

He waves goodbye to daddy every morning when he goes to work and when I leave to go places in the evening. The cue seems to have more to do with the act of leaving than the word "bye-bye" because saying that produces no results but showing him somebody walking out the door does.


He loves books. His favorite book right now is "I Love You So", and he likes to turn the pages himself. We also enjoy watching Curious George together in the morning. I've tried other shows, but most of them bug me after a while so we've settled on that. Even Sesame Street (which I've been a fan of my whole life) just isn't what it used to be.

I'm convinced he's going to be a TALKER! This little boy makes so many different sounds. He's even got a tone that I'm sure is singing.


He's starting to eat more "real" food. James is a texture eater ALL THE WAY. We're good with smooth and crunchy (not mixed) but anything lumpy or chunky and we're out of business! Things he does like consistently are bananas, canned peaches, bread with melted cheese or jam, yogurt, cheerios, and crackers. I'm getting tired of buying baby food so we're working on expanding his repertoire.


James is a furniture cruiser! He is happy for a LONG time if I set up a course around the living room with the couch, coffee table, kitchen chairs and exersaucer. He'll go from one to the next, around and around...it's a great thing. However, he can't pull himself up to things or go from laying to sitting and he still won't really roll over so either he's sitting up somewhere, laying somewhere or walking around the furniture but there is no transition on his own. We're working on that.


He's had his first illness. It was NO FUN for anyone involved. For the first few nights he couldn't breathe and would only sleep if he was being held...those were some of the longest nights of my life. Then we all got sick and the nightly struggle for sleep between the three of us led to a two+ week recovery. Thank goodness my mom came to visit in the middle of all this and gave us some relief. We are all pretty much back to normal now.

He has also had a rash on his face for a while now that is apparently yeast related. We're starting to get a handle on it but the poor guy had it all around his nose and one eye before we really figured out what to do.


Overall he is the light of our lives. He is such a happy, friendly, easy going little guy. Everyone that knows him loves him (and although I am biased that really is the truth).

No comments:

Post a Comment