Sunday, September 5, 2010

Life in Minnesota

I'm always amazed at how different each place is that we've lived. There are always odd/different things to get used to, but there are also so many fun and unique experiences to have.
One difference about apartment life here is almost all of the complexes have underground parking and indoor access, both of which were new to us. The added security is nice and having the garage will be heaven sent when winter comes around, but it can be a bit of a hassel after a shopping trip. Not to worry! The apartments provide shopping carts! Bizarre? Yes, but also very handy.

There are so many great parks around here. We've tried to take advantage of that while the weather is still nice. Just one example, we went to Looring park and the Sculpture Garden one weekend and had a blast seeing all the art and playing in the wading pool.

The iconic spoon and cherry.

James LOVED the pool.
I'm loving the local accent, I even find myself using it sometimes. (eg. "bag" with a long A sound)

Fall is coming! I'm actually looking forward to the winter (I must be crazy right?!) The last year in Olympia was just so temperate it never felt like the seasons were really changing. To me the change in seasons is always exciting. Whether it's warming up after a long cold winter or cooling down after a long hot summer, something in the air feels so fresh and vibrant during the change. Plus I really want to wear my wool coat again. Vanity? Maybe, but I really do feel pretty cute in it.

1 comment:

  1. We have been there and have pictures with the cherry too! I agree, the parks in minesota are incredible! there are also bike trails almost anywhere you go that are beautiful! other fun places to see are ... the Dam in the mississippi river, The elm creek park reserve -- has frisbee golf, bike trails, beautiful lakes, even a swimming lake they call "the beach". (which of course might be closing since its labor day.) Plus minnesota has incredible school systems! Now they we have moved away from there, we realize that it really is incredible there! did you see the state fair? its AWESOME! and of course the childrens museum, IKEA, MOA. there is always something to do! Though, its news to us that the sculpture garden has a wading pool! had did we miss that?

    ReplyDelete