Sunday, September 5, 2010

Five Wonderful Years

Dan and I celebrated our 5th anniversary this last week. It was a milestone year for us in a lot of respects. We are now parents which has made a HUGE difference in our marriage. It's still good, don't get me wrong, but we've had to rethink a lot of what used to be automatic. We're not the same people we used to be, which is mostly a good thing I think, but I hear parenthood does that to people. Anyway, we got a babysitter for the FIRST time (one that wasn't an adult or a family member, it was hard to walk out the door) and spent the evening together in one of the area's beautiful parks. We checked out their farmers market and bought some flowers and a sourdough round. We ate a picnic dinner then perused the park, walking around the lake and checking out the "hedge maze" which turned out to be more like a brick walkway with grass in between, but we still did it without cheating. To finish off we watched The Blind Side, which was the movie they were showing in the park's amphitheater. All in all, it was a wonderful evening and it was great to spend it sans-child (although we love him dearly). The sitter was GREAT! James was sleeping soundly when we arrived and the house was as clean as we left it. I'm definitely excited about doing it again!

James trying to get the flowers, he almost did.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! yeah for love and for both of you!!! James is adorable!!! I only wish you lived closer!! xooxx

    ReplyDelete