I don't know where the time has gone, but my big-little boy is three years old now! We had planned to celebrate on Saturday, but some things came up and we had to bump it up to last night instead (the actual birthday being today). So I pulled out a couple of things and tried to decorate a little, and hastily wrapped his presents. He didn't care one litle bit that it was simple and just the four of us. I asked him what he needed for a birthday and he gave me this recipe: cake, presents, and Carl (his friend who unfortunately couldn't make it). Well, we got two out of three ;).
He's really enjoyed watching and playing Toy Story the last couple of months so when I came across these action figures on clearance I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. Unlike most things I make, this cake turned out pretty much exactly as I imagined it and James was pretty thrilled too.
His favorite dinner right now is nuggets and biscuits with jam so that's what we had!
Then we lit the candles and sang to him. He got them out on the first blow, but we had to have him redo it for a video because of camera issues, he didn't seem to mind.
Then came the presents, and boy was he excited! He got a sled and a race track from G & P Kingston, a coloring book, memory game and four-wheeler w/a guy from G & P King and a ball/bat, rocket launcher, airplane, sleeping bag, and pirate play set from us.
I wanted a close up of the map. It's part one of a three part pirate role play set I made him. This is just a piece of shelf liner with sharpie marker drawings, then I also made a black felt eye patch and am in the process of making a telescope out of paper towel rolls and craft foam. Making stuff is so much fun! I hope he likes them as much as I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment