Sunday, October 23, 2011

A visit to the North country

 James and I went up to Idaho for a visit with my family earlier this month.  Here are some of the highlights:
 James and his cousin Bracken having a conversation at the back door, they are such cute and funny boys!
 James playing by himself with a barbie car, and a hotwheels semi truck on a laundry basket while wearing the inside of a baseball helmet.  I think he played like this for about 15 minutes, happy to have some solitary play time (as much as he enjoys the company of his cousins).
 And here are the boys having one last wild rompus before Uncle Kendal left for his mission.  I'm not sure what the game was exactly, except that it involved two air mattresses, a bean bag, some pillows and blankets, three little boys, one big boy and a lot of noise!  What a fun memory.
 James loves his grandparents so much!  I unfortunately never seem to get a picture of James and my Mom, but here is James with his Grandpa reading his favorite book all about transportation.
 Here are the cousins (James, Nathan, and Bracken) at Great Grandma's house on the day we went to Salt Lake to take Kendal to the MTC.  (He's going to Russia BTW).
 While I was there I was able to attend two sessions of conference downtown.  I went with Aubrey on Saturday and Mom and Dad on Sunday.  What a wonderful experience to be in the presence of such amazing men and women and to listen to the Tabernacle Choir in person!  And as always, temple square was beautiful.

 I was able to meet up with one of my best friends from High School for brunch one day.  It was so fun to catch up and spend some time together. I hadn't seen Heather since my wedding six years ago!  Thanks for a fun time Heather!
 Our last few days in Idaho it was just James and I left after all the visitors so we had some nice quiet days.  James spent as much time as he could on the trampoline and is now obsessed with jumping on anything kinda bouncy.

 And he made a little kitty friend too.  They enjoyed following each other around the yard and had a deep and thoughtful conversation while climbing the steps to the upstairs. It was really cute. 

All in all we had a wonderful visit and were so blessed to have spent time with so many loved ones!  But as always, it was nice to get home and see Daddy and get back to our normal schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment