Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Update #1

This is the first of several posts that will bring our blog up to date! Hooray for having internet in our new place!

To start we had a great time in New Mexico with the Bluths. The food was fabulous (there was Hatch roasted chiles at EVERY meal, dream come true.) The company was most enjoyable, and the activites were fun. What more could you ask for in a family reunion?

The men spent a lot of their time at the horse-shoe court (I guess that's what you would call it...???) Anyhoo, many tournaments were played. The kids spent most of their time racing on trikes and plasma cars down the long sidewalk through the camp, and I think the ladies spent a lot of time chasing down the kids. I spent lots of time in our cabin with James trying to keep some semblance of a nap schedule (he's a tough nut to crack when it comes to napping). I wasn't too bitter about it though because it gave me time to read.
I'm not really great at remembering to take pictures while we're out and about. These are mostly from the last day when we were wearing our purple family shirts (each family had a color for the pictures). Taking pictures is always an ordeal with the Bluth family. Not that we're not photogenic or anything, I would even say we're rather an attractive family, it's just that everyone has some idea of how it should go, where we should all stand, and how long it should take, plus the kids are all over the place and it's hot outside and we're sweating like crazy...But we got it done. (to see more pictures click here) It was exhausting...

But, after a rest we felt much better and were able to enjoy more of the sunny weather. I think James saw more sunshine the first day we were there than he had in his whole little life to that point. He was very pale compared to all the other cousins.

Just before we left camp we were able to get the boys together for a cousin shot. If you ask me, we've got a bunch of good lookin' boys!


Nathan, James and Bracken
Bracken and James are only four months apart which makes a big difference right now but in a year or two it won't even matter. I hope they will be great friends! Actually, James is doubly blessed because on the Kingston side he's got Taber who's just 6 months older. How fun to grow up with cousins your age!

James did great on the airplane rides and surpassed our expecations with his nightime sleeping flexibility (after the first two nights anyway...) All in all it was a great, sunny, fun vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment