Friday, July 30, 2010

SIX MONTHS!

James is now 1/2 year old! He is just growing up so fast. And I mean LITTERALLY! He is growing like a weed (although a very cute weed). He can sit up on his own now which means I no longer have to lug the carseat everywhere (Hallelujah!) He is eating from a spoon and really enjoying it. Dan never fails to be amazed at how much his boy eats. It seemed to me like he just flew through the last two sizes of clothes (he's working into 12 months now) so I was very interested to see how much he had grown. I was blown away at the doctor's office. He now weighs 19lb 12oz (85th), measures 27 inches (60th), and his head, which was never remarkably large before is in the 80th percentile.

I am constantly entertained by his range of sounds. He blows raspberries, squeals with excitement, and uses lots of different vowel and consonant sounds while exploring the full range of his voice. The other day, in between bites, he said something like "bim-bam-boom!" Dan is now trying to teach him to say "Da-da."

The one complaint we've had with James pretty much from the beginning was how he didn't like to sleep. As a tiny guy he would litterally shake himself to keep from falling asleep. We have come a long way in that area though, and it is making for a much happier and better rested mommy and daddy. He's down to 2-3 naps a day, with one of them usually being over an hour (as opposed to 4-5, 20-30 minute naps) and most nights he goes down beteen 7 and 8pm and we don't hear from him 'til around 7am. We feel pretty blessed to have such a wonderful and teachable little boy ;-).
The chubbiness.
Just can't get enough

Lookin' cool

Asleep in the stoller after a walk.

Looking soooo handsome!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I found your blog! Your little boy is so cute, and I love the hair! Congrats on your little one. I need to invite you to our blog, email me at melanieblauer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete