I am trying to make holidays/birthdays more special this year. Last year, I hardly did anything, so its not hard to be better! I have a tendency to get overwhelmed and set expectations too high, resulting in frustration and stress or just giving up (like last year). So I tried to start small. We got mini $1 mailboxes from Target and decorated them with stickers, then on V-day morning I put a few small things in them. The boys were so excited to get new "surprise" guys, their own packs of gum, and a few chocolate kisses. We ate waffles with strawberries for breakfast, and later baked heart sugar cookies. 



Dan sent me these flowers and created a sweet little something for my mailbox too.
James helped me prepare a surprise for daddy, by filling balloons,slung some cards and dropping them off in his car at work. Then Dan and I got to go out on a date the next night to Olive Garden and the movies.
I just love my boys!

No comments:
Post a Comment